Service for Others
FIREFIGHTING May Not Be For Everyone, But VOLUNTEERING Can Be!
- ...been in a situation where someone was hurt and you wanted to step in and help?
- ...seen an accident and wanted to assist the people involved?
- ...tried to make new friends that share your interests?
- ...wanted to get more involved in the community you were living in?
If you said YES to any of the above, you should consider joining the Easton Volunteer Fire Department. There are many benefits of membership including training/education, lifelong friendship, and community involvement - just to name a few! There are a number of different roles a person can play within the company and each job helps us create a safe community for our families. Not everyone is a firefighter. Members come from a wide variety of backgrounds and ages. There is something for everyone at the EVFD
* FIREFIGHTER: 18 years or older. Men and women who work hard to fight fires, rescue people, save property, and do a lot of training. Firefighters may progress to become driver/operators of the apparatus and officers that lead fire crews and provide emergency incident command.
* CADET:16 to 18 years of age. Young adults who work hard learning how to fight fires, rescue people, save property, and successfully complete the required training. Cadet firefighters may strive to someday become driver/operators of the apparatus and officers that lead fire crews and provide emergency incident command. Cadets particpate in fire and rescue activities in an "apprentice" type role while learning the necessary skills to function as a firefighter upon reaching their 18th birthday.
* SUPPORT ROLES: Not everyone has to run into a burning building to be helpful. There are plenty of non-firefighting roles available. We need PHOTOGRAPHERS and VIDEOGRAPHERS who are interested in documenting emergency scenes and company events. There is also a lot of behind-the-scenes work that must be done to keep the fire company running. We have administrative officers (membership, financial, etc.) that keep our records straight; committees for raising funds, grant writing, maintaining and updating our website, working on computers, organizing events, maintaining our facilities and keeping our organization running; fire safety and prevention education; and many other opportunities.
If you have a skill or talent that you think we could utilize, let us know!
As mentioned above, all firefighters and cadets are required to complete basic fire and emergency medical training upon becoming active members. All training, uniforms, protective equipment, and on-duty insurance coverage is provided at no cost. In-house training courses and drills are held regularly, as well as at the county, state and national level in all areas of fire/rescue. The possibilities are limited only by your desire to learn. But the experiences and rewards of being an Easton firefighter will last your entire life. So why not join our emergency services family today?
Call (410) 822-4848 for more info or fill out the application and bring it by the fire station.
What are you waiting for?
Click to download an application............ BECOME an EASTON VOLUNTEER!